Charles Ferguson followed his dream and founded Ferguson Box in his Charlotte garage in 1959 after working for a local recycled paper company. With $35 in initial capital, Ferguson set out to build a business based on service and hard work.
Ferguson soon had warehouse space and a telephone line that he shared with one of his business neighbors, as well as his first employee. For the next 13 years, the company sold and delivered once-used boxes to an expanding base of customers.
In 1972, he opened our manufacturing facility on Graham Street in Charlotte, and Ferguson Supply and Box Manufacturing Co. became a major regional force in the industry. That facility was expanded in 1985, then a second building was bought to house the company’s Packaging Division in 1992.
In our new consolidated facility, Ferguson Box operates a privately owned fleet of trucks, single-source supplier programs for a variety of customers, vendor-managed inventory programs, as well as vertically integrated supply chain that includes ownership in a sheet feed facility, Pinnacle Corrugated, in Landis, North Carolina.